Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Care to Join This Happy Session-Day 1

My last post was about those hibernating in the layers of happy memories but this post i dedicate to those alive and kicking. Perhaps they are more alive than ever because they are fun and so easy on me. And i always have them by my side ride or no ride. Every time and anytime i feel like being happy i go off with them and just not only in the loo but also in the kitchen. Grocery shopping or watering the plants and even when i am cleaning up. They linger on until i'm chores free doing nothing.

My best may not be known to any of my classmates i'm sure. This was like a trickle down i received courtesy the Galstaun Family and Mitchelle. i wonder where she is. Would love to re-unite with her. Have tried the social networking sites but of course not everybody is registered there are they?
How do i reach out to her and explain what joy and peace this brings me-



Want to ask her also how she could have missed telling me about this wonderful story and about all of it's music. Of course she may reprimand me in her own signature style not by words but by 'the looks'.
That one which would in a harmless way convey all...of our secrets withheld from other friends but divulged to each other and how life was too busy with those secrets that there was not enough time for any more curiosity on films and their music. Those days we had just sufficient time to know enough to keep up with the joneses.
Oh Mitchelle i long to tell you this-and so much. Will you be surprised to know that my sister and i have cherished and relished recollecting the memories of that Christmas eve when your stereo player had belted out this-
"How i love to go for a walk along the street
Just to smile hello to the people that i meet
And to watch the show of the happy happy feet
And i say to myself it's a miracle

As i walk along i sing the melody
It's a happy song i'm sure you will agree
And when things go wrong Oh how it comforts me
Then i say to myself it's a miracle

AALLE LU AALLELU YA i sing as i walk along
AALLE LU AALLELU YA God gave me such a happy happy song

Can't you feel His love and joy in everything
In the wonder of the sparrow on the wing
In the stars above and the song i sing
In the joy of His love
And the stars up above
And the song that i sing
It's a miracle

AALLE LU AALLELU YA i sing as i walk along
AALLE LU AALLELU YA God gave me such a happy happy song

Can't you feel His love and joy in everything
In the wonder of the sparrow on the wing
In the stars above and the song i sing
In the joy of His love
In the stars up above
And the song that i sing
It's a miracle.

It sure is a miracle indeed how any music such as this one can exude such peace and  abundant joy which eludes even silence and solitude.
That is why i find this sound of music so close and very dear to me.

Thank you Mitchelle, Thank you Galstaun family for letting me hear all this and giving me a glimpse into that life which roughed bad weather and yet never missed any opportunity for merrymaking.
i guess you sure did believe in this ' Miracle' all along when for me it was just one cheerful easy song for me to learn and sing.




i shall be back with more. This time i decide to give each and everyone it's fair share of respect and for starters i feel it's crude on my part to cram and club all into one post.
Care to join me for my best 5 once again ? One at a time??





2 comments:

  1. oh, the good old days….i love u for taking me to my beautiful, carefree and playful past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Gauri...love you sweetie.i am actually pining to be with you. Thank you for coming to me if not physically present sitting next to me but through cyber space. It's comforting this cyber-union.:)

    ReplyDelete